The name of the club shall be Kingdom Veteran Vintage & Classic Car Classic Club. (KVVCCC)
The objectives of the Club shall be:
- To foster and encourage the use and enjoyment by members of their Classic and Vintage Cars and all things Classic and Vintage.
- To ensure the highest standards of driving of their Classic/Vintage Cars by members and to demand the compliance with all Road Traffic Laws and Rules.
- To advise and help the members.
- To promote, safeguard and protect the interests of the members.
- To organise and conduct events such as meetings, social gatherings, visits and trips for members.
- The interchange of ideas and suggestions with other Classic/Vintage Clubs whereas such co-operation is mutually desirable.
- The club shall be politically nonpartisan.
- The club is empowered to do all things and conduct all business, not for profit, necessary to carry out the general purposes set forth in these rules.
Membership of the Club shall be open on application accompanied by the appropriate fee and shall be at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
There shall be one type of membership. Membership shall only commence on issue of a Membership Card by the Secretary. Only fully paid up members shall have voting rights and then only after 30 days of membership.
Membership will start from the 1st January each year and shall end on the 31st December, no discount will be offered for people joining mid-year.
Any Person over 18 years of age is welcome to join the Club once they share a passion for Classic/Vintage cars, they do not necessarily need to own a vehicle. A member may attend club meetings and events and will have full voting rights.
The annual subscription fee shall be determined by the Annual General Meeting. The subscription shall be due on joining the Club and thereafter on the 1st day of January each year, with a maximum of 3 months after that date to renew membership.
A member is deemed to have resigned their membership of KVVCCC should one of the following circumstances occur.
a) A member shall cease to be a member if he/she gives written/electronic notice to the Secretary of his/her resignation.
b) A member whose subscription is more than three months in arrears may be deemed to have resigned.
The club shall have the power to expel a member at an AGM or EGM when discussed and voted upon by all members attending the AGM or EGM.
7. CLUB EVENTS:
All events must be authorised by the committee and run in accordance with
KVVCCC Guidelines and any other rules as may be determined by the committee. No member shall attempt to organise an event without prior permission of the committee.
8. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
The Annual General Meeting invests the management of the Club in an Executive Committee. This Committee will consist of President, Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, and PRO.
9. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETINGS:
Executive Committee meetings will be held at least 3 times per year or on such occasions as the Executive Committee may decide and the quorum for such meetings shall be not less than five, one of whom shall be the President, Chairman, and vice Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer. The Secretary (or an officer appointed in their absence) shall take minutes of all meetings. Meetings of this committee are held in closed session due to the sensitive nature of topics being discussed. Members may not attend closed committee meetings without the prior agreement of Executive committee. Voting will be by simple show of hands and the Chairman shall have a second or casting vote in the case of a tie.
10. RESPONSIBILITIES WITHIN THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
The Secretary shall give all the members of the Executive Committee not less than seven days’ notice of meetings. This requirement for notice may be waived if all committee members agree to waiver of notice.
In the absence of the Chairman, the chairman for the meeting will be the Vice Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer in that order. In the absence of the Secretary, a member of the Executive shall take minutes.
Decisions of the Executive Committee shall be made by simple majority.
The Treasurer shall be empowered to pay all expenses specifically incurred in conducting the affairs of the Club.
11. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING:
The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held each year to transact the following business:
- To receive the Chairman and Secretary’s report on the activities of the Club during the previous year.
- To receive and consider the accounts from the previous year and to receive the Treasurers report.
- Every year an election of the officers of the club committee, President, Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Pro shall take place to allow members to express their desire for change and to prevent posts from being occupied for life. It is recommended not to change all committee members in the same year and to guarantee a certain degree of consistency and continuation of the committee’s work.
- Members put forward for election must be a member of the Club for a minimum of 1 year.
- To decide on any motion which may be duly submitted. Notices of Motion must be sent to the Secretary not later than seven days prior to the
Annual General Meeting.
- Notice of an AGM to be sent to members not later than fourteen days before the meeting.
- All notices will normally be sent by post to the postal address of the member as given on his/her membership application form.
- Non receipt of such notice will not invalidate any decisions taken at the Annual General Meeting.
12. EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING:
An Extraordinary General meeting of the Club may be convened by the Executive Committee at any time at its discretion. An Extraordinary General Meeting shall be convened by the Executive Committee at any time on receipt of a request signed by no fewer than ten percent of the paid up full members stating clearly the purpose and reason for which the meeting was required. At least fourteen days of notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting shall be given to members.
13. VOTING AT ANNUAL AND EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETINGS:
Voting shall be carried out in person and by a simple show of hands. Only members who have paid the annual subscription will have a vote.
Any member can request a ballot on any issue and the Chairman will decide whether to agree to this request. In the case of a tie the Chairman shall have a second and casting vote.
A resolution to dissolve the Club shall be proposed only at an Extraordinary General Meeting and shall be carried by a majority of three quarters of the members present. The Dissolution shall take effect from a date fixed by the Extraordinary
General Meeting and the members of the Executive Committee shall be responsible for the winding up of the assets and liabilities of the Club. Any property remaining after the discharge of the debts and liabilities of the Club shall be disposed of by direction of the Extraordinary General meeting.
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us a message using our Contact Form.